Thursday 31 May 2012

PRESH - INTERVIEW BY WALE APPLAUSE

It was a lucky day for me hooking up with his manager, i mean Presh of the defunct KC presh. We both intentionally at first did not disclose our identities. We discussed several issues including online write ups
by one Wale Applause. I wanted to know his view of him and by so decided to keep mute. Not until his eagle landed did i stylishly ask him if he knew who Wale Applause is. He truthfully said he would't
recognize him, not until then did i disclose my identity. He was real surprised and at last we formally had an introduction. I was glad to know that he's the manager of Presh whom i've always wanted to have a
conversation with. I needed clarification about the going solo saga. I humbly requested an interview which he obliged. I was indeed happy and couldn't wait for a time to be fixed. It was a nice day out with Presh
after his trip from Abuja and here are excerpts of the discourse.

• Who is Presh?

Presh is a God fearing dude, Musically inclned, love having fun and just an easy going person.

• How did it all start for you?

Well, I was born Precious John, in d city of Ajegunle, couple of years back. was the choir master in my church way back before star quest came calling. I grew up in the slum, wasn't easy trying to get things done but God made it possible shaa.. abt my life style, i just like being comfortable. Not that i like showing my self or something, i just like being comfortable.

• Please define your kind of music?

Well, back then while i was still a member of Kcpresh, we sang hiphop. but right now, am an r and b singer. so my kind of sound right now coukd be classified as " RnB.

• Why music?

Welll, like i said earlier, i actually started in the church as a music director. Its just something i can't really explain. but i guess it was all mapped out by God. so i really cant tell y its music.but all i know is that its paid off seriously.,..

• Let’s discuss your kinda music, your inspirations, mentors…Well, doing the solo thing now, i would say my inspiration comes mainly from God, and my mood. i might be feeling so in love at a particular time and just wanna write about it. might be feeling pains about the society and i just write about it. might be feeling one gurl down d road and she's using me to form and i might just write about it. so in a nut shell, i just get my mood swing working and am game.

As for mentore, i grew up listening to a whole lot of artist and like i said, i grew up in the church so every music i heard had their own impact on me in their own different ways.

• Challenges faced ever since you chose music as a career well, truthfully, every profession comes with its own challenges. so the same goes for music. But God has been faithfull to me shaa.

• Your first song going solo and as a group?

If as a solo artist, the first song would be "O BAD" which features Iceprince Zamani. but if its as a group, its "Ese baba".

• First hit song

As a group, its "ese baba" but as a solo artist now, its my current song" who goes there"


• We have always known KC presh, why now we know KC and Presh, what led to that?

Well, we just sat down and decided to go solo, we decided to try out our individual talents.

• Let talk about your song 'Who goes there' that song is dope, what's behind that song?

well, the song talks abut a fine girl that caught my attention. walked up to her and she wan begin dey form dats where the " WHO GOES THERE" comes in.
• Why did u decide to do a remix?

well, the remix cameas a result of the fact that i was actually shooting the video and Eva and Zee were at Clareance's place on the day of the shoot. they started freestyling to the beat. I loved what they were doing. so immediately, we talked and we did the remix which is the result of what you have now.

• How do you cope wif dem gals?

Well, like i said earier, every profession comes with one challenges or the other. I just try to be as professional as i can in my dealing with everyone.

• What’s in the future?

Well, man proposes, and God disposes. Just hoping to be on top of my game dats all. But there would also be smashing hits from me. more songs dat would forever remain in the hearts of many.

• How have you been able to handle fame?

Well, God's wisdom has been my guiding stick. what can i do without God? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

• Any proposed international collaboration or tour?

Definitely. its all in the map. would be unveiling my tour and collaborations with international artists soon. So just keep your finger crossed.

• Let’s talk more about your tour

Like i said, just keep your fingers crossed. though i would be touring Europe next month, i still have other plans that i would infold when the time comes. But one thing is sure, it wont be a boring experience at all.

Where do you see the future of the Nigeria music factory

Well, with the whole international status and height we have attained at this stage, definitely its a plus for us and what more can i say than we still gonna make history.

• Advice to up and comings

Wel, one thing i always tell them is" you can never be me. u are u, so develope that part of you that makes you who you really are. dnt come into the game because of the money because once the money dosnt come
in, you will be fraustrated and would easily chicken out. make sure u have a deep passion for music. be yourself and just be orignal."

• What have always been your watch words?

All thungs are possible. Put God first.

• Parting words to your fans

Thanks for believing in my brand, keep the support coming and i promise not to dissappoint you. fasten your seat belt cause henceforth, you will be going on a journey into the world of good music that PRESH would be deliverying to you. God bless your hustle.........

No comments:

Post a Comment